PRICESHOCK Forum Index PRICESHOCK
Mobile Cash Back Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mobile Connections
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 160, 161, 162  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should there be a protest in Birmingham and other areas against the uncooperative networks?
yes
94%
 94%  [ 55 ]
no
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 58

Fash33
wise customers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: MSG FOR GUS Reply with quote

Assalamu alaikum Gus

Gus you said you were to put up the test CISAS case information on the forum. Have you heard anything from them or can you give us some futher information on it?

Wassalam
2-angry
Newbee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello everyone!

Sorry to bother again infact my problem is still there and i have tried to use the change in terms and charging of 07 numbers but was unable to convince can anyone tell me what else can i do if anyone can tell me a refference to a case where i can tell orange that if they have cancelled there contract then they should cancel mine too. Plz help me. U can mail me at usmanqureshipk@yahoo.com. Thankyou
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
waseemahmed72
wise customers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same me im still stuk in orange contract i sent em a letter giving em 14 days to reply back so just waiting for a reply hope it goes well and thats all i can suggest sos.

Never gonna get a orange contract AGAIN!!
justice786
Newbee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify, as an Orange user I am still stuck with my contract, I guess people are not posting as they have nothing to report - especially with Orange Sad
slim
Superstars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: MSG FOR GUS Reply with quote

Fash33 wrote:
Assalamu alaikum Gus

Gus you said you were to put up the test CISAS case information on the forum. Have you heard anything from them or can you give us some futher information on it?

Wassalam

We're still waiting for a response from CISAS, it can take a few weeks.

Orange seem to be really holding out on the cancellation due to the change in charging for the 07 call forwarding numbers, even for people that have been using them for 80% plus of their calls...
sb
Newbee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was on a 12 month plan.
t-mobile have cancelled my last bill. i had asked them to put it on hold because of a dispute but they decided to cancel. had a nice cs guy on phone and we discussed the issue in general for there is no point in going into specifics as the case goes way beyond his supervisor level.
this 'implied partnership' thingy must be worrying for the providers for it will surely come to haunt them.
i have told them that we are not going to let them get away scot free. we need our monies back and there is a lot of worrisome work being done at the moment from their perspective.
to make the networks honour the contracts will ensure a longer term reliable and safer industry
nky
wise customers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: CISAS Reply with quote

To the moderators

I have received my deadlock reference number from Orange on 01 November 2007, so it has been over a month now.

I realise the full CISAS process takes approx. 6-8 weeks therefore you can't provide any information about the test case yet.

However I would just like to know what should I do with the reference number from Orange? Should I hold on to it until you have some response from your side? The reason for asking is that although Orange did have a hold on my account they may start be chasing me for the outstanding bills again.

Any advice please?

nky
sb
Newbee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very important for anyone who has been / is being ripped off by ‘cashback scammers’!

There is a petition on the Downing Street petition board taking up the political point that government action is required to make the networks face up to their obligations – and yes they should be made responsible for the actions and contracts of those who acted as their agents. Certainly in the case of CSS - another Bradford outfit that I took out a contract with -I have copy of their website at the time of my contracting which clearly says that the deal was a ‘reduction in tarrif’ rather than a dealer incentive. The networks agreed with the Regulator (Ofcom) to monitor and vet their dealers . . . did they do so . . . the evidence clearly says no, did they prevent dealers holding themselves out as 'agents' . . . the evidence clearly says no.

The terms of the license for telcos should follow normal practice of making those granted a public license to make money at the top of the ‘food chain’ responsible for the actions of their agents. The Code of Practice agreed by the networks with the Regulator clearly states that they (the networks) should satisfy themselves as to the financial health of their agents – after all they then sit back and enforce their contracts don’t they?

The petition is at:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/MobilesCashback/

Numbers decide these things, petitions need not only be signed by those scammed but may also be signed by their friends, family and others who sympathise with their plight and also agree that this should be stopped!

So get signing and get other to sign.

Also, copy the text of the petition and send it with a covering note to your own MP where you normally live and ask them to press the Government to act mentioning the amount you have lost, the problems that it is causing you and the failure of Trading Standards, the Regulator (Ofcom), the Police and the service provider network – name and shame your network at this point – to protect the consumer and the public from massive fraud. If this were a few thousand in political donations they’d all be jumping!

If you are not very good at drafting a letter click on my profile, send me a note and I’ll send you a draft to paste in return. I’ll also send you a draft of a letter to Ofcom and another to send to your local paper.

Two words of warning, don’t compromise the petition by using false names or addresses to boost numbers, they do sample checks and we don’t want the Government to have an excuse to discount us and don’t put it to one side and fail to act as at the end of the day political action is the only thing that will force large corporations to back down.

Regards to all

Funforus
mark
Superstars

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: sorry Reply with quote

Sorry for any inconvience caused we were just updating our website but we are back online now thank you for your patience
Insaaf
Newbee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted orange customer services a couple of days ago, they are still refusing to cancel my 2 contracts even though I have been using my minutes on the call forwarding number (0873009448). The reason they gave was that the number I was using was not eligible due to the fact that I am using it to call abroad. I asked them where in their terms and conditions does it say that I cannot use these call forwarding numbers to call abroad they could not answer and told me to contact their Correspondence Dept. in Patchway, Bristol.

The fact that they have not thus far charged me for using this number and that they will be charging me for using it from 15th Dec then surely according to their clause 4.3 I should be eligible to cancel regardless of how I have been using this number because it will result in an excessive increase in my phone bill charges.

Would welcome any comments regarding above.

Also I had initially given them 30 day notice and sent them letter 1 and 2 from the template. However after finding out about their change in T&C I started using my phone again in the hope that they will cancel. Should I now send them another letter now and give them a notice of 14 days as stated in clause 4.3
waseemahmed72
wise customers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i can say is if you hand in ur letter now the can argue against you by saying that u have gone past the 30days they give you to cancell the contracts from the first date they let you know of the changes. therfore i could be wrong best to read the Terms and Conditions again and just try and send it off asap.

ORANGE is to be boycotted from now on!!
Insaaf
Newbee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jazakallaahu Khair Waseemahmed 72

I only found out about the change in T&C through this forum and haven't yet received any notification from Orange.

I think I will write them a letter giving them 14 days notice anyway and see what their response will be.

Yes you are right Orange are to be boycotted. Will never take another contract out with them again!!
aza
Superstars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

Just want to clarify, why is the Webpage URL not working,

has this been changed?
aza
Superstars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys Can you all please sign the above post petition, the more the better, hopefully we can get enough people to sign up pass the word around,
waseemahmed72
wise customers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there just to update those on orange
i was denied accsess to cancell me handset due to the terms and conditions. So then i sent a letter given them 14 days to terminate me or i take it further. Then i receieved a text saying that i cant cancell and to ring em up. so i rang them up and they wre refusing to budge. I spent half an hour on phone. then when i asked the guy that has me reply letter been sent off. he spent bout another 20 mins looking on their system and then gets back to me and says i can now cancel cos the system has update and allowed me. When i cancelled i was not allowed to keep me number due to the way of me cancelling.

So i can now say i have been released from me orange contract for free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PRICESHOCK Forum Index -> Mobile Connections All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 160, 161, 162  Next
Page 136 of 162

Jump to: