PRICESHOCK Forum Index PRICESHOCK
Mobile Cash Back Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mobile Connections
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 160, 161, 162  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should there be a protest in Birmingham and other areas against the uncooperative networks?
yes
94%
 94%  [ 55 ]
no
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 58

nky
wise customers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Orange discnxn Reply with quote

hi Samir

I appreciate you want to wait on the confirmation from Orange about the cancellation of your contracts. But could you please let us know on what grounds you cancelled? Was it the 07 numbers or something else? We would like to know if there's anything we can do right now because the bills are getting higher and the debt collectors will be out soon!

thanks

nky
nky
wise customers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Orange discnxn Reply with quote

HI Ayesha

Congratulations on cancelling from Orange!

I have the same question for you as to samir12,

Please let us know how you have cancelled from Orange, was it the 07 numbers or something else.

nky
jbs6000
wise customers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Mark's been getting some publicity: -

http://www.wansteadandwoodfordguardian.co.uk/display.var.1801831.0.waltham_forest_thousands_hit_by_phone_firm_crash.php

It's good to here Vodafone have taken a proactive step and in the long run will more customers than Orange. They have said that that customers have been 'highly appreciated by those contacted so far'.

I got a letter from Orange this after sending the third deadlock-dispute letter. They say that I still have a contract with a minimum term and that the Cashback contract and network contract are separate although I only agreed verbally to one contract which is now void. They say that if I do not pay they will pass my details to debt collection and credit files agencies. What do I do now?

To the people that have managed to cancel their Orange contracts in this forum, on what grounds have you managed to cancel? Has anyone managed to cancel on the 07 dial-through numbers T&C change.

Also where's all the main guys on this forum that are guiding everyone else? I think we are desperate for some guidance.
nky
wise customers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Orange deadlock Reply with quote

Hi jbs

I've received the same response to template 3 aswell.

I was waiting on the main guys from the forum to get back to me about on our situation with CISAS, a legal body that may be able to help, but you can look it up and see if you can make any sense.

First you need a reference number from Orange:

If you call Orange on 0800 079 0134, it'll get you through to the Executive Office who deal with disputes/complaints.

Ask them about your account and the dispute, they should give you a reference number for your deadlock/dispute with them.
ask them to put a hold on collections/debt recovery procedures for 30 days aswell.

Then you need to contact CISAS which is a legal body that arbritates between a customer and Orange in the event of a dispute. THey will need your deadlock number and you will have to put all your case forward.
They will look at the case independently and make a decision about Orange. Orange need to legally stand by CISAS's decision. If it it goes in your favour then that's what you want.

However if they decide against your favour you don't have to accept the decision from CISAS.

Orange have to pay for CISAS's services, not you.

It could take up to 6 weeks.

CISAS's number is 0207 520 3814 and their link is:

http://www.cisas.org.uk/

The above is for your information. see how you get on.

nky
mark
Superstars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you got me lol even i couldnt find the link for the online version of the article. I don't know whats going on with orange it I am going to get an update from my mate tonight and also thank you to samir for emailing me what happened to you.
jbs6000
wise customers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark - Lol, type 'Dialamobile' in Google and advanced search for the last 24 hours!! Let us know any info on Orange.

nky - thanks for your reponse. I'll read up the facts on CISAS. Have you used CISAS? Have you got them to hold your debt procedures for 30 days? And are they legally required to do that cos if they don't have to, then I'm sure the conniving Orange won't.

Thanks
nky
wise customers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jbs

no problem, i'm gonna find out tomorrow if they can put a hold on my account, but i was told that because my account is four months in arrears then it might not be possible.

if you do call orange on that number you'll get through to professional and courteous staff (as opposed to disconnections dept.), probably because they are in the EXECUTIVE office!!

they will give you their name, extension number and you can use them as your personal contact ( i have called the same person three times)

for that reason ask them to try and do all they can to put a hold on your account, they can contact collections dept. on your behalf.

nky
ayesha
Newbee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Orange termination Reply with quote

I emailed the CEO of Orange with my problems regarding cashback. It was a polite email stating my circumstances. If they had replied negatively I would have sent them something a bit more hardhitting. Because they were so good about everything i didnt need to email again. I got a phonecall the next day saying they would be more than happy to downgrade to 20 or cancel as long as i sent my phone back. Which i have done. Hope this helps.
Magistrate
Highly Respected

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always be polite !
nky
wise customers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ayesha

Thanks for the reply. DO you have the email address to the CEO of Orange, could you please pass it on.

When did you email the CEO, was it recently?

THanks

nky
slim
Superstars

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayesha, can you please email either myself or Mohammed please with the specifics of your situation and/or the correspondance you've had with Orange.

This will help in aiding other affected consumers.

Thanks.
slim
Superstars

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for the issue of CISAS, then rather than everyone doing it and causing problems for CISAS,we only need one test case, and this can then be used by anyone.

same with anyone that knows anyone that's managed to cancel and on what grounds. these can then be used as test cases against the operators.
nky
wise customers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: CISAS Reply with quote

Hi Slim

Just to query about the CISAS, you say we need one TEST case that can then be used for everyone else. May I ask do you know of anyone who is taking this route right now? Ie. is there a test case already in the process?

The reason for asking is because it takes approximately 6 weeks to get a possible resolution. Should we put our case forward independently now, if we have received a negative response from Orange from template 3 and they have sent us the CISAS deadlock reference number?

Also I needed to ask you that if Orange have not replied to Section 10 notice from Template 3, do we have to wait for the full 30 days from our letter to issue the complaint against Orange to the Information Commisioner (ICO)?
Apparently the ICO has backlogs from August as it is.

Also if you could please let us know if we can use the same route as Ayesha when you find out the details of her case.

Thanks

nky
GusHussain11
Superstars

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Back from Holiday Reply with quote

Dear All Peace upon you.

As you may be aware I have been away on Holiday for 4 weeks, in Pakistan. Surprisingly the moment my planes wheels left the ground there is martial law. Had I been there I would be included in all peace full demonstration supporting the up lifting of this decision, as it is in my view unlawful.

Back to Business, if any one would like to give me any updates regarding cancellations, non-cancellation, position of there complaints and request for guidance on matters with Ombudmans, ICO and the Service Provider please let me have them in the forum.

I am due to meet with Mohammed sometime this week to go through whats been happening and where we are with our strategy.

Peaceful Regards
Gus Hussain

Last edited by GusHussain11 on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
GusHussain11
Superstars

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Updates Reply with quote

Dear RedSlayer & Slim

Redslayer and Slim (I asked for assistance on ICO) please update me via email with your positions, I need to now, the case worker, and all responses, other than acknowledgments. Urgently please in case I need to appeal against the decision.

Regards
Gus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PRICESHOCK Forum Index -> Mobile Connections All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 160, 161, 162  Next
Page 122 of 162

Jump to: